likes what it sees in Colorado and Denver.
The region is growing its tech scene so rapidly that locals are even bandying around a new term: "Silicon Mountain."
But is Colorado putting its money where its mouth is? Today, the State released its first ever report on the health of the startup ecosystem. Erik Mitisek, CEO of the Colorado Technology Association, said the results show that the spotlight on Colorado is “shining bright,” and now they have the "data to prove it."
Key findings from 2012 Built in Denver report are as follows:
- In 2012 alone, local entrepreneurs launched 122 digital technology startups.
- 69 companies secured venture or angel funding of at least $1 million.
- 20 companies were acquired.
- 78 percent of the investment went to software and business to business digital technology companies.
- SendGrid was one of the largest fundraisers, raising $21.6M to further develop its cloud-based email infrastructure system.
Read the rest here