If anything shows the popularity of entrepreneurship and innovation in Denver it’s Denver Startup Week, which will draw thousands of people to events Sept. 28 to Oct. 2. A full 10 of the more than 230 events are set to draw more more than 500 people -- and not just the parties!
What’s likely to be the most attended session is the Startup Job Fair being held from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Tuesday Sept. 29. Nearly 800 people have registered to attend the event. The job fair will feature local startups in hiring mode seeking the best candidates. It’s a job-seeker's paradise.
The kick-off breakfast in the Seawall Ballroom on Sept. 28 from 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. is expected to draw more than 750 people as well, according to Brea Olson, a spokesperson for event co-coordinator Denver Downtown Partnership. The breakfast is a free (but ticketed) event and will feature Senior Vice President of Oracle Data Cloud Eric Roza as its keynote speaker. He led the transformation of Datalogix into the big data company that Oracle purchased earlier this year.
Other speakers at the breakfast will include: Galvanize Founder and CEO Jim Deters, Revolar CEO and Founder Jacqueline Ros and Artifact Uprising co-founders Jenna Walker and Katie Thurmes.
The Women Who Startup Summit, hosted by more than 1,000-strong group Women Who Startup, also is expected draw more than 750 attendees. The summit will occur Sept. 29 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Galvanize in the Golden Triangle. That event will include many angel investors and CEOs of women-led companies. Among them are Silvia Travesani, co-founder of Be Visible and Alicia Robb, a senior fellow with the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.
Other events expected to draw big crowds, according to Olson. They include:
- TechCrunch Denver Meetup + Pitch Off on Oct. 1 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Galvanize LoDo.
- Bootstrapping a company from $0 to $1 Million/yr in Revenue being held Sept. 29 at the Jake Jabs Center at CU Denver from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- SEO, PPC, and Social Media: The trifecta of digital strategy, take 2 from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Sept. 28 at The Commons on Champa.
- Becoming an Influencer being held at Galvanize LoDo from noon to 1:30 p.m. on Sept. 30.
- Women Who Launch on Sept. 28 from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at Galvanize LoDo.
- How to Write Killer Copy and Connect with Customers at Galvanize LoDo on Sept. 29 from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Structuring Equity Compensation for Founders and Employees at Otten Johnson from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Sept. 28.
Those are just the top 10 events -- there are more than 220 others.
Contact Confluence Denver Innovation & Jobs News Editor Chris Meehan with tips and leads for future stories at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enjoy this story? Sign up
for free solutions-based reporting in your inbox each week.