Fifteen young architects were recognized by the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Colorado chapter
during its Young Architects Awards Gala.
The following 10 awards and five honorable mentions were selected from entries submitted by firms, designers, students and young architects (licensed 10 years or less) from across the state:
Contact Confluence Denver Development News Editor Margaret Jackson with tips and leads for future stories at email@example.com.
- Emerging Professional of the Year, Dominic Weilminster, AIA -- RNL Design
- Portfolio, Kaylyn Kirby, Assoc. AIA -- HDR, Inc.
- Craftsmanship: Artistic winner, Brittany Wheeler, Tomecek Studio Architecture for Amass; honorable mention, Rachel Cusimano, AIA -- Roth Sheppard Architects for Girl Running -- Germany Holocaust Memorial
- Unbuilt Architecture under 20,000 square feet: Mike Sudolsky, Assoc. AIA -- Gensler for [N]STALL; honorable mention: Brian Martin -- Tomecek Studio Architecture for Sky Tower
- Unbuilt Architecture over 20,000 square feet: Adam Wagoner and Raphael de la Fontaine -- Yale School of Architecture for New Haven Basilica; honorable mention, Kaylyn Kirby, Assoc. AIA -- HDR, Inc. for Terre & Eau
- Built Architecture under 20,000 square feet: Colorado Building Workshop, University of Colorado Denver for Colorado Outward Bound Micro Cabins
- Built Architecture over 20,000 square feet: Adam Ambro, AIA, Randall Hatley, Jonas Phillipsen and Scott Wightman -- Gensler for Jackson Hole Airport Phase II
- Interior Architecture: Thomas Harris and Patty Gut -- HDR, Inc. for Bows and Arrows
- Adaptive Reuse and/or Historic Preservation: Dana Ganssle Ellis, Assoc. AIA -- Rowland + Broughton Architecture for White House Tavern; honorable mention, Eric Blase, Georgia Brown, Tim Hutchinson and Jonas Phillipsen -- Gensler for Seed Building
- Creative Concept: Cam Tu Dang -- Cam Dang Designs/Larson Incitti Architects for Tulum Table & Chair; honorable mention, Stephanie Wood -- University of Colorado Denver for Erganomi